Guys, your kids are going to love this DIY Pumpkin Volcano Eruption. Who doesn’t have extra, cute, small decoration pumpkins this time of year.
This easy to make DIY fall craft is a great little science experiment for the kids. It’s the perfect home learning, homeschooling or virtual learning science class project.
The most exciting thing is, you don’t have to run to the store to get any crazy supplies or materials. You only need things you already have at the house. Pumpkins are the “most extravagant” thing on your list, and with it being fall, we figured most people had one already.
DIY Pumpkin Volcano Materials and Supplies
- 1 cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup baking soda
- Food coloring, if desired
- 1 small pumpkin
You will also need:
- Melon baller
- Sharp knife
Volcano Pumpkin Instructions
- Using a sharp knife, cut into the pumpkin and remove the stem.
- With a melon baller, remove the seeds from the pumpkin without removing the bottom so there is a hole or crater inside the pumpkin.
- Add baking soda to the pumpkin hole.
- If using food coloring, add the food coloring.
- Pour vinegar over the baking soda and watch the pumpkin volcano eruption.