There’s so many things you have to do during your pregnancy to prepare for the big life changing even that will eventually happen- parenthood. One of the most important things is finding the right pediatrician for your precious bundle of joy.I’ve gathered up the top 18 pediatrician interview questions.
Check out these awesome questions to make sure you don’t miss out on anything in your second or third trimester!
We are lucky enough to have an amazing pediatrician office in our area that is extremely well known.
They have amazing word of mouth references.
But, not every family is lucky enough to have such luck finding a great Pediatrician.
So, we’ve developed a list of questions to ask each practice you plan on interviewing before you select your pediatrician.
Pediatrician Interview Questions
1. Find out the Practice address
2. Practice phone number?
3. What are the hours of business?
4. What do I do after hours, is there a Dr or practitioner on call?
5. How about weekend hours ? Emergency?
6. Does the practice accept my insurance?
7. How many doctors or practitioners are at the practice ?
8. How long have they each been in practice and do they have any specialists ?
9. What hospitals are they associated with ?
10. Do they have same day sick appointments or do you have to schedule out, if so, how far in advance ?
11. Can you call for non emergency or simple questions — can you email?
12. How long is response time for each method of communication ?
13.What is the schedule for well baby check ups ?
14. Are labs done at office ?
15. Was the office clean and organized when you visited ?
16. How long was wait time?
17. Was the staff friendly?
18. Any personal references of patients that you know that currently go there
To download a printable version of this list, click HERE
Finding a pediatrician can be a task in itself. If for whatever reason you are not as comfortable with your pediatrician as you had hoped, once you have the baby, feel free to change.
Your sweet baby can not voice its own opinion, so please, be her/his advocate and do what is best for your baby. You’ll get a gut instinct when you start going there for your appointments.
If you aren’t satisfied, switch providers. It’s not worth the stress or headache. You want the best care for your new bundle.
Take these questions and head on to the next pediatrician for the interview process. Don’t forget the top 18 pediatrician Interview Questions!
We had a difficult start at becoming new parents. Our oldest daughter (and second daughter) was diagnosed with MSPI and without the help of her pediatrician, I’m not sure we ever would’ve found out what was going on.
We owe her health to the awesome practice. They never blew us off or made us feel silly for asking things.
They took us serious and helped us find the answers. I easily could’ve over looked her symptoms and caused more health problems in the long run.
But, I went with my gut and talked to her Pediatrician about everything. Trust your gut!
Good luck and feel free to share other questions you asked!